Monday 6 January 2014

January 6, 2014


This week has been going soo fast! Tuesday night for our last lesson we set a Baptismal date for this saturday with our investigator,  she stays with her parents who are amazing people. They have 3 younger boys an such a loving familly. So we look forward to this weekend for sure. ITs been busy as always, then New Years Eve we were in by 6 so we played games for a bit an went to bed early to catch up on sleep. Its tiring everyday is just go go go.. But sundays a recharge you could say. I love the branch in Monahans that we attend. In the town Wink we cover we have been trying to get our teaching "pool" bigger so been knocking out there lots an ran into a Scientologist? Its was interesting for sure to see what he believes but we agreed to disagree an move on. lol But i went on exchanges this week to Pecos with Elder Heal  (hes from England an has a pretty sweet accent) lol While i was gone Elder Wolfley an Elder Layne played a prank on the Epleys an said that i got sent home. They were soo sad an thought it was for real, but before they left they told them i was only gone for the day. IT was funny, its hard since we find such solid families that make you feel like family to them. Transfer calls are this week so i find out what will happen by next email. I hope everyone is doing good, we are learning lots from each other down here in Kermit, Elder Wolfley an I are having fun teaching an riding our bikes lots. I finally got my flat fixed an been riding miles everyday as well as running in the morning or we've got some stuff in the shop that we lift, our own gym lol . ITs good though. I have been learning more that after the trial of our Faith we see the blessings. We have been able to find more people to teach now an learning alot as a companionship about being the best possible missionary we can be. I love the work an the people that we teach here. I am more appreciatave of the things i had an have when i see what little people here have an still try to give us everything. I hope that my letters don't just sound like were having lots of fun an doing things, i have learned that its almost impossible to be successful when were not thankful for what we have and stay optimistic. The Lord truly blesses us as we keep him in our lives in every aspect. I have been able to see how much the gospel truly blesses families when we do what we know is right. Obedience is key. I love being a missionary, its been a blessing to be a servant for the Lord an the "things" i sacrificed to come here did not bring the same happiness. I hope that everyone will look to the New Year with a fresh start an truly focus on the things our Heavenly Father has in store for us. I love you all.
Thanks for being Great Examples!
I will attach a few pictures of things this week. 
Much love from Texas,

Elder Roberts


No comments:

Post a Comment