Monday 24 March 2014

March 24, 2014

We have been busier this week with finding an teaching! We had interviews with our President on Tuesday which was nice to talk face to face. We have been getting along better with the branch here as well. We have been working with a part member family an the wife gave a talk/ testimony this last sunday which was amazing! I had the chance to translate for the sacrement meeting as well. We still have the jeep, but we drive to the church an then go biking from there to find an go teach. Abilene has a rule where you cant proselyte after 7, but we still have to be out till 9 now so we walk the streets an just say hi to people but cant talk religion. Its like were walking bill boards. I will try to send some pictures this week of stuff going on here. Im soo glad to hear about the little boy an the recycling, thats soo neat. I couldnt have spend my b day doing anything else better...out talking to people in the streets about the restored gospel! What a blesssing it is to be a missionary. There were a few members who got mad at me on sunday since i didnt tell them about my birthday. lol But we do a potluck after our meetings with our branch so one of the familys made a cake. As well as my companion made one that we enjoyed for our companionship time. Things have been going good an i hope that everyone is doing good as well, I have learned the good comes with the bad but we learn soo much from our experiences! I am learning to love what i do, an serve others more then worrying about the little things. I appreciate all the birthday wishes, it was a great day. Different but still great. I miss yall back home but i know you are all safe. I know that the church is true! I love serving down here in texas an cant believe how fast time is going!
 Love from texas
Elder Roberts


Birthday Cake from Elder Oler

No comments:

Post a Comment